Relates to the CELEBRATE umbrella group.
Worship and Music ...
- oversees the selection of music and liturgy for worship
- includes paid music staff at meetings
- coordinates choir participation in worship
- arranges for Christmas tree and its setup/take down
- arranges for extra flowers at Easter
- makes certain there are flowers for the altar each week
- organizes worship assistants—coordinator, liturgist, acolyte, lector/prayer leader, communion preparation and servers, greeters/ushers, children’s sermon
- provides guidelines and training sessions for the various worship assistants
- communicates with altar guild as to needs for the different seasons of the church year and discuss with them their responsibilities—Christ candle, altar candles, altar paraments, banners
- oversees the care of the piano, organ, and praise band components